If you own a residential or commercial property in Cobb or Gwinnett County, or anywhere throughout the Metro Atlanta, GA area, you have or will get a tax assessment on that property. This will tell you the taxable value of your property that the county will use in determining the amount of taxes you owe.
Did you know, however, that this assessment can be challenged? That's right, you can appeal this value, and perhaps reduce your taxes. Here are 7 reasons you should consider the services of a professional property tax assessment appeal organization to help with your challenge.
1. A company like Fair Assessments is knowledgeable of the policies and processes involved in a property tax appeal in Gwinnett and Cobb County. They will ensure deadlines are met, T's are crossed, and I's are dotted.
2. If you got any bill that “seemed” high, you would look into it. You should do the same with your tax assessment. If you got a questionable water, electric or cellphone bill you would at least investigate the reason why. Fair Assessments can help you get started.
3. A property tax appeal company will have a broader perspective on what property taxes should be. While you may just be familiar with your taxes, a tax appeal company will be familiar with many properties, right in your own home county.
4. You likely already have your plate full. Life is full of tasks, both large and small to accomplish. Having the assistance of Fair Assessments can get one more valuable task off your list.
5. A successful property tax appeal can have lasting value. It could potentially impact your taxes for years to come. An unsuccessful attempt on your own may be a wasted opportunity.
6. You likely have other professionals help you in other areas of your life. You may be willing to get assistance with your income taxes, bookkeeping, legal work and even for your car repairs. Getting professional help with your property tax assessment appeal just makes sense.
7. Getting started is easy. By visiting Fair Assessments.com you can file a residential appeal, learn more about a residential appeal and even schedule a free residential consultation and do it all online. We make it as easy as possible to get the answers to your questions and to get started.
You have the right to appeal your property tax assessment in Gwinnett and Cobb County, Georgia, but it is up to you to take the first steps. Contact Fair Assessments.com to make sure you are not paying more than necessary.